History of McMonigle Veterinary Hospital
Dr. David McMonigle, Sr
Dr. David McMonigle graduated from WSU in 1963 and began practicing in Auburn, WA. He founded McMonigle Veterinary Hospital at its current location in 1974. He built the clinic by forming relationships with each individual client and several of Dr. David's clients and their families have continued their relationship with us today.
Dr. David passed away peacefully in his sleep in late 2018. Dr. David was an important part of many lives and his presence is missed greatly. His legacy will forever be felt and honored at our hospital.
The stained glass window seen in this photo is featured on the front of our building and is a work of art done by Dr. David. He kept his stained glass supplies in the basement and would work on projects during his breaks. The cat was the first piece he completed.
The building was originally a house (built in 1934) and was converted into a veterinary hospital by Dr. David McMonigle, Sr in 1974. Dr. Rob envisioned a remodel to expand his growing hospital in 2004 and saw that vision become a reality with the groundbreaking for construction in 2008. The remodel was completed in 2009 and doubled the size of the original hospital.
The expansion allowed for the addition of two doctors plus support staff. It also gave the facility a dedicated surgical suite, radiology room, isolation/observation room, four exam rooms, pharmacy, treatment area and expanded lobby/reception area.